We create each piece of jewelry with care and want our customers to enjoy their purchase for years to come. Exposure to any number of environmental and circumstantial factors (contact with skin, beauty products, temperature and weather conditions, pollution, or accidental strikes) can affect the long-term condition of your jewelry. You can read the product descriptions for information about the processes and materials used to make each item below.
Currently, all Stag & Harp jewelry is made from Sterling Silver. As much as possible, the sterling silver we use in our products is made with reclaimed/recycled metal or with third-party-certified ethically mined metal.
In GeneralTo maintain and keep your jewelry looking its best, we recommend the following:
- A soft polishing cloth, such as the one offered here in our store, can be used on all Stag & Harp products to remove any dust, oil, or tarnish. We also offer a gentle-formula jewelry cleaner but we only recommend it's use on Stag & Harp products that do not have an oxidized finish or patina. Silver cleaner can potentially remove this patina. For patinated products, we recommend cleaning if needed in lukewarm water with a mild soap, then drying with a soft cloth. If you are unsure of the best cleaning method to use for your piece, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Periodically inspect your jewelry to make sure clasps, chains, and settings have not come loose and are still in good condition.
- Avoid contact with beauty and grooming products such as cosmetics, perfumes, colognes, deodorants, and hair spray, as chemicals in these products may cause wear or damage to your piece. It's best to apply these products first, allow them to dry on your person, then put on your jewelry.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners (alcohol, chlorine, ammonia, abrasive soaps/detergents) while wearing your jewelry as this could harm its finish.
- Whenever possible, remove your jewelry before beginning activities that might result in damage. (Exercising or playing sports; cooking, gardening, or other household chores; swimming in any body of water; etc.)
- To ensure your comfort and to maintain the condition of your jewelry, it is not recommended that you sleep in your jewelry.
- When not being worn, jewelry should be stored in separated compartments in a jewelry box or travel case. Chains should remain closed and laid flat whenever possible to avoid getting tangled and knotted.
The following items have a high polish finish and it is safe to use a polishing cloth or jewelry cleaner:
- Heloise and Hera Earrings
- Susanna Bangles- Polished finish ONLY
- South William Earrings and Necklace
- Meara Earrings and Necklace
- Della Earrings
- Hildi Necklace- the beads and chain are high polish. However, be aware that the chased clasp and two terminals have been patinated and jewelry cleaner could remove this finish. When in doubt, use a polishing cloth only.
The following items have an oxidized finish or patina applied to the silver's surface. This patina could wear off over time due to contact with skin oils, beauty products, and environmental conditions. Please ONLY use a polishing cloth to remove dust and oils, as jewelry cleaner could remove the finish:
- Charlotte Earrings and Necklace
- Fionn Earrings, Necklace, and Cuff Bracelet
- Susanna Bangles- Oxidized finish ONLY
All Men's Wear items have an oxidized finish and should not be cleaned using jewelry cleaner. Please only use a soft polishing cloth.
- Tully Tie Bar
- Bran Necklace
- Charlie Cuff Links
- Fionn MacCool Bracelet- We use genuine natural veg-tanned leather and all bracelets are hand dyed and sealed on both sides. Dye is alcohol-based and color can vary across production. Our water-based sealants are durable and water-repellent. Leather bracelets may occasionally need cleaning with a soft cloth and leather conditioner. Silver elements require only a soft cloth for cleaning.